The Western Colorado Center for the Arts accepts submissions to its exhibition program throughout the year. If you are interested in showing your work or curating a show, you must submit a proposal to the exhibition committee. We are currently accepting proposals for 2018-2020. We are also interested in collaborating with other spaces and organizations. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Submissions must include the following:
- A description of the exhibition, including its objective and why it should be shown at the Western Colorado Center for the Arts.
- Possible time frames for the exhibition. The usual duration of an exhibition is 4-6 weeks.
- Artist’s or curator’s statement(s), and/or other support material, reviews, résumés, exhibition history etc.
- A list of artists participating, if applicable.
- Links to relevant website(s) if available.
- A selection of high quality digital images of the artwork to be shown. Can be emailed or sent on a CD or USB.
- A corresponding list of submitted images, with titles, media, dimensions, prices, and dates.
- List of costs the WCCA can expect, beyond reasonable gallery maintenance and opening expenses.
- Description of educational programming that could be connected to this exhibit—artists’ or curators’ talks, workshops, films, classes, field trips etc.
- The artist is responsible for delivery and pick up of artwork and all related shipping expenses.
- The WCCA will retain a 40% commission of all sales.
- Opening receptions usually occur on the first Friday of each month and are shared among all exhibits opening that month.
- Postcard invitations may be shared among all exhibits opening that month.
- The WCCA may stage more than one exhibit in the same gallery at the same time.
- The artist is responsible for any additional insurance needs.
- All scheduling is conducted at the WCCA’s discretion.
Send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to share files using a cloud-based software, we recommend Google Drive. Please DO NOT share files using Office 365.
– or –
Western Colorado Center for the Arts
Attn: Exhibition Committee
1803 North 7th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
The exhibition committee meets annually. We will do our best to review and respond to all complete proposals in a timely manner. We will not return your submission materials to you.