Summer Art Camp gives children the opportunity to explore art in all its forms and encourages those students to explore their own creativity. Summer Art Camp is taught by both professional and certified art teachers and is an educational program. A reception is held at the end of each week, and families and friends are invited into The Art Center to see the work that the campers have accomplished during the week.
Classes are broken down by age: 5-7 and 8-12. Classes are designed to challenge and teach to the ability of the students in that class.
Need-based scholarships available
Don’t forget to bring a snack, a lunch, and a water bottle!
- Create your own cartoon character
- Alter ego illustrations
- Traditional drawing and creating a storyboard
- Line character sculpture
- Self-portrait Minions
- Techniques in drawing and inking with markers
- How to draw a superhero
- Human proportion and color schemes
- Watercolors and color pencil