We're now accepting artwork submissions for this year's benefit! Keep scrolling to learn more. The Art Center Benefit is the organization’s largest fundraiser of the year and is an opportunity for artists, art-lovers, and enthusiasts to show their support of The Art Center.
Paint the Town: The Great Heist
An Art Center Benefit
1920s Interactive Mystery Theatre and Fine Art Auctions
September 25, 2021
In-person and online
The Art Center Benefit is the organization’s largest fundraiser of the year and is an opportunity for artists, art-lovers, and enthusiasts to show their support of the exhibitions and initiatives we offer to the residents of the Grand Valley. Every year, The Art Center invites artists and collectors to donate work for a fine art auction to sell in support of The Art Center’s work and mission. As a result of this support, The Art Center continues to provide:
- accessible arts education, including a scholarship program, for youth and adults of all ages and abilities,
- thought-provoking exhibitions featuring local, regional, and nationally-acclaimed artists,
- a venue for local art guilds and community members to gather,
- free First Fridays and programs such as Demo Night, and Spring Art Week, and
- a Permanent Collection that preserves Colorado’s rich history and culture.
*Please make sure to read through the full prospectus below before entering your artwork*
A downloadable copy of the prospectus is available here.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER
CLICK HERE TO PRINT ID TAGS
- June 25, 2021: Deadline for submissions
- Aug 6, 2021: Notification sent to artists by mail or e-mail
- Aug 13, 2021: Artist bio (3-4 sentences only, typed) due for catalog entry, via email to [email protected] with the subject line “auction bio”
- Sep 17, 2021: Accepted shipped works due, labeled twice, per Shipment/Delivery instructions
- Sep 17, 2021 10am-2pm: Accepted hand-delivered works due, labeled twice, per Shipment/ Delivery instructions
- Sep 25, 2021 Fine Art Auction Benefit: 5pm Preview reception with wine, hors d’oeuvres and Silent Auction; 7pm Live Auction; $30 for 1, $50 for 2 admission. Proceeds support The Art Center.
- Sep 28, 2021: Artists are notified of unsold works
- Sep 28, 2021 after 10am: Local artists pick up unsold works
- Unsold shipped works sent out: Shipping pick up per arrangements made by artists. Art Center hours: 9am-4pm Tues – Sat
- Oct 18, 2021: Payments issued to artists
The Art Center Benefit is open to all artists and collectors. We ask that artists submit their best and most recent work; preferably works that have not yet been exhibited at The Art Center. This will benefit both the artist and The Art Center as it will increase chances that it will sell.
For the purpose of this auction, ‘original’ art refers to paintings, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, weaving, fine art photographs, fine art jewelry, sculptural or functional wood art, fine art stained glass and blown glass, and fine art embroidery and beadwork. Prints made by giclée, offset lithography, or digitally enhanced means (except art photography) will not be considered fine art and will not be accepted.
The Art Center will retain a minimum 40% commission on all sales and up to 100% depending on what the artist indicates on their online submission form. The Art Center will retain 100% commission on all sales from private collector donations. The Auction is a benefit to enable The Art Center to continue its vital role in the growth of our cultural and artistic community. Please consider giving The Art Center at least 50% sales commission and note that we are not charging a jury fee for entry to the Auction.
Please note: all 100% donations will be considered for one of the 30 live auction slots. All artworks from private collectors will be 100% donations.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry for the Art Center Benefit is online through the TAC’s website. (If you have any concerns with the online process, please contact us). To enter, click the direct link near the top of this page. You will be asked to login to your Art Center account. If you do not already have an account with us, enter your email, click the Create Account button, and create your account. Once you are logged in, you will be asked to enter an artist statement and your email or social media information. Please note, these are optional, and you may skip this step by pressing the Save & Continue button. Once you’ve continued to the next page, click the red Add Entry button, and enter all applicable information. Please enter the retail value and commission to TAC for each piece in the Description field. For each entry, please make sure you save your item details and upload your image before you click the red Continue button. Once you are finished, click the Finish and Send Confirmation button.
Online submission of information and artwork to the auction constitutes an agreement by the Artist/Collector with all the conditions set forth in this prospectus. Please do not submit actual artwork for consideration.
- Artists or Collectors may submit up to 3 entries (works of art).
- Artists or Collectors must provide digital images of original artworks and collectibles.
- Our online entry form will ask you to list the following for each entry: title, media, dimensions, retail value, minimum bid, and sales commission to the Art Center.
- All images must be high resolution at 300 ppi with a width or height of at least 2000px.
- All images must not exceed 2 MB in size.
- All images must be labeled as follows: Artist Last Name_Artist First Name_Title.
- For Example: Doe_Jane_Sunset_on_Mt_Everest.
- Note: Please make sure there are no spaces in your file names.
If you have any questions or issues regarding the entry process, please don’t hesitate to contact Haley Van Camp at [email protected] or by calling 243-7337 ext. 4.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Entries are reviewed by a jury panel, and artists are notified in writing or by email whether their work has been selected. Artists whose works are selected will receive shipping and delivery instructions.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
Detailed information on The Art Center’s liability and insurance will be included with the acceptance letter to the artist.
Submission of artwork and, if selected, the artwork, shall constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this prospectus, including the following: The Art Center will collect sales tax and make payments to the appropriate agencies. Sales commission payments to artists are made within 45 days of the sale. No work selected for the auction may be withdrawn prior to the end of the auction. The Art Center will retain a minimum 40% commission on all sales and up to 100% depending on what the artist indicates on their online submission form. The Art Center will retain 100% commission on all sales from private collector donations. The Auction is a benefit to enable The Art Center to continue its vital role in the growth of our cultural and artistic community. Please consider giving The Art Center at least 50% sales commission and note that we are not charging a jury fee for entry to the Auction. Permission to reproduce the artwork for publicity purposes and for educational purposes is granted. All decisions made by the jury panel are final. The Art Center of Western Colorado is not responsible for any lost or damaged artwork.