Biennial Juried Exhibit 2022
May 13 – June 25
Fong Choo, Juror
*Please make sure to read through the full prospectus below before entering your artwork*
TO ENTER EXHIBIT
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
The Art Center hosts this international, juried exhibition every other spring, bringing artistic displays of diverse and enriching ceramic arts to the Grand Valley. Since 2006, Contemporary Clay has sought to showcase the latest developments in ceramic art nationwide, spanning the categories of functional vessels, sculptural ceramics, and installation art.
- January 21: Submission deadline
- April 11-15: Window for shipped artwork
- April 11-15: 10am-2pm: Drop-off for hand-delivered artwork
- June 3, 6:30-9pm: Reception
- June 4-5, 9am-4pm: Juror workshop
- June 27, 9am-4pm: Pick-up for hand-delivered artwork
- June 27: Begin return shipping
2022: Bill van Gilder
2018: Doug Casebeer
2016: Steve Hilton
2014: Jim Romberg
2012: Brad Miller
2010: Pete Pinnel
2008: Tom and Elaine Coleman
$750 Best of Show
$450 First Place
$300 Second Place
$250 Third Place
Contemporary Clay: How to Enter
Deadline for submissions is January 21, 2022
- Contemporary Clay 2022 is open to all artists.
- Artists may enter up to 3 works that use clay as the focus material.
- Artwork must have been executed over the last two years and must not have been previously exhibited at this location.
- Artwork should not be so fragile that shipment or public display is harmful to the work or the viewer.
- Accepted work which differs significantly from the submitted images will be disqualified from the exhibition.
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn prior to the closing date of the exhibition.
- TAC encourages work to be for sale. Artwork must not be sold prior to shipment to the TAC if designated for sale in the online entry form.
Entry for Contemporary Clay 2022 is online through the TAC’s website. CD and handwritten entries will not be accepted. To enter, click the direct link on the exhibition page. You will be asked to login to your Art Center account. If you do not already have an account with us, enter your email, click the Create Account button, and create your account. Once you are logged in, you will be asked to enter an artist statement and your email or social media information. Please note, these are optional, and you may skip this step by pressing the Save & Continue button. Once you’ve continued to the next page, click the red Add Entry button, and enter all applicable information. Please make sure to save your item details before you continue. Once you are finished, click the Finish and Send Confirmation button.
ENTRY FEES: Non-refundable entry fee $35 for up to 3 entries. Payment is by credit card and the process is online (see above).
- Artists may submit up to 3 entries (works of art).
- Artists may submit up to 3 JPEG images per entry.
- Our online entry form will ask you to list the following for each entry: title, media, dimensions, and sale price. Leave 0 if your work is not for sale.
SHIPPING: Accepted artists are responsible for shipping their work to and from the TAC and all related expenses. Artwork should be shipped in a sturdy, reusable container with instruction for packing. NO PACKING PEANUTS. All packages must include a return shipping label.
LIABILITY & INSURANCE: Detailed information on the TAC’s liability and insurance will be included with the acceptance email to the artist.
AGREEMENT: Submission of artwork shall constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this prospectus, including the following: Accepted artwork must be available for purchase unless ‘NFS’ is clearly stated in the online entry form. No work accepted for the exhibition may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition. The Art Center will retain a 40% commission on all sales of juried artwork. Permission to reproduce the artwork for publicity purposes and for educational purposes is granted. Images are viewed anonymously by the juror. All decisions made by the exhibition’s juror are final. The Art Center is not responsible for any artwork that is lost or damaged in transit.