COVID-19 Precautions for Youth & Teens
- All staff and visitors will be wearing protective cloth face-coverings.
- Classroom space will be sanitized every 2 hours and there will be frequent hand-washing sessions.
- Students will be issued a private box of materials to use during their time at The Art Center.
- Classroom seating will be in 6-foot increments.
- Students will have their temperature checked with a no-touch forehead thermometer during morning drop off.
- Any student with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be sent home.
- All staff will adhere to same temperature monitoring as students.
COVID-19 Precautions in the Ceramics Studio
We are working hard to ensure your safety as we begin classes in the ceramics studio. Below are the things we will do for you:
- Wheels (and students) are limited to 5 at a time. Wheels are 6 feet apart.
- We will have adequate paper towels in case you don’t want to use a towel.
- Sponges will be cleaned daily utilizing bleach or other appropriate cleaner.
- All wheels, handles, doorknobs, and tables will be cleaned between classes.
- We will supply gloves for those who want them.
- Signups for Open Studio will be conducted through SignUp Genius. You will receive an email with a link upon enrollment.
To ensure we are all safe, we need your help with the following:
- EVERYONE must wear a mask at all times while in the studio.
- Aprons and towels are available, but we ask that you choose one and “make it your own” for now. Please take aprons and towels home and clean them there.
- Procedures will be in place to clean tools and bats between use.
We will update this list as new information is received. Our primary focus is your safety.