About The Art Center
Founded in 1953, the Western Colorado Center for the Arts is a community arts organization dedicated to improving quality of life by promoting the enjoyment and understanding of the visual arts and related arts through studio art instruction, educational programs for children and adults, exhibitions, and the acquisition, care, and display of a permanent art collection.
Art Center Facts
The only resource in Mesa County and the region that provides:
- Year round arts education programs for children and adults of all abilities and ages.
- An exhibition venue for students of all ages, local artists and art guilds.
- Exhibits by nationally and internationally renowned artists.
- More than 25 diverse art exhibits annually.
- A Permanent Collection that preserves Colorado’s rich history and culture.
Art Center Budget
- Annual budget in 2011 was nearly $500,000.
- The Art Center is financially supported through memberships, donations, sponsorships, local businesses, class tuition, grants, service organizations, art sales, facility rentals, Gift Shop revenue, admissions and fund raisers.
The Art Center is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the Membership.
The Center is open Tuesday – Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm., and closed Mondays, Sundays, and some holidays.
Admission is free on Tuesdays.